By Allan Gotthelf,Gregory Salmieri
The first quantity to supply a finished scholarly therapy of Rand’s complete corpus (including her novels, her philosophical essays, and her research of the occasions of her times), this Companion offers very important orientation and context for students and knowledgeable readers grappling with a arguable and understudied philosopher whose enduring impression on American (and global) tradition is more and more recognized.
- The first book to supply an in-depth scholarly therapy ranging over the complete of Rand’s corpus
- Provides knowledgeable contextual research for students in a number of disciplines
- Presents unique learn on unpublished fabric and drafts from the Rand records in California
- Features insightful and fair-minded interpretations of Rand’s debatable positions
Read or Download A Companion to Ayn Rand (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar religious & spiritual eastern philosophy books
This quantity introduces the key classical Arabic philosophers via mammoth choices from the main works (many of which look in translation for the 1st time the following) in all the fields--including good judgment, philosophy of technological know-how, typical philosophy, metaphysics, ethics, and politics--to which they made major contributions.
Krishnamurti (1895–1986) went from his origins in a small south Indian village to turn into one of many nice non secular lecturers of the 20 th century. He taught that the one solution to peace on the earth is the transformation of the human psyche—and that there's no route to this modification, no approach for reaching it, no authorities or non secular professionals who may help.
Rationality in its numerous expressions and innumerable purposes sustains knowing and our feel of truth. it truly is generally differentiated in keeping with its assets within the soul: in awareness, in cause, in event, and in elevation. any such sensible method, even if, leaves us trying to find the typical starting place harmonizing those rationalities.
This publication explores fresh advancements in ethics of advantage. whereas acknowledging the Aristotelian roots of contemporary advantage ethics – with its emphasis at the ethical significance of personality – this assortment acknowledges that newer debts of advantage were formed via many different impacts, equivalent to Aquinas, Hume, Nietzsche, Hegel and Marx, Confucius and Lao-tzu.
- A Short History of Chinese Philosophy: A Systematic Account of Chinese Thought from Its Origins to Present Day
- Asian Sacred Natural Sites: Philosophy and practice in protected areas and conservation
- Disputers of the Tao: Philosophical Argument in Ancient China
- Ethical Principles and Economic Transformation - A Buddhist Approach: 33 (Issues in Business Ethics)
Additional info for A Companion to Ayn Rand (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Ayn Rand (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Allan Gotthelf,Gregory Salmieri