By David Krasner
- Balances attention of canonical fabric with dialogue of works by way of formerly marginalized playwrights
- Includes stories of major dramatists, comparable to Tennessee Williams, Arthur Miller, Eugene O'Neill and Gertrude Stein
- Allows readers to make new hyperlinks among specific performs and playwrights
- Examines the hobbies that framed the century, similar to the Harlem Renaissance, lesbian and homosexual drama, and the solo performances of the Nineteen Eighties and 1990s
- Situates American drama inside better discussions approximately American rules and culture
Read Online or Download A Companion to Twentieth-Century American Drama (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar united states drama & plays books
This paintings covers the canon of playwright Edward Albee, probably most sensible often called the writer of Who’s scared of Virginia Woolf? accomplished entries element the performs and significant characters. different gains comprise biographical info and insights into Albee’s inventive ideals, his knowing of the playwright’s accountability, the significance of track in drama, and the technical craft of writing performs.
Selection of performs through David Kranes
Sonia Sanchez is a prolific, award-winning poet and some of the most trendy writers within the Black Arts move. This assortment brings her performs jointly in a single quantity for the 1st time. Like her poetry, Sanchez’s performs voice her critique of the racism and sexism that she encountered as a tender woman author within the black militant neighborhood within the past due Sixties and early Nineteen Seventies, her ongoing drawback with the health and wellbeing of the black neighborhood, and her dedication to social justice.
A tender soldier is going to Afghanistan, one other to Passchendaele. A family members splits in while a Protestant falls in love with a Catholic; 100 and two decades later, it can occur once more for an entire new set of purposes. From the college of Alberta's inaugural Lee Playwright-in-Residence.
- Camerado & The Trial of Pius XII (Essential Drama Series)
- Ode to Joy (TCG Edition)
- Project Tag (The "E" Chronicles)
- Silent Scream
Additional info for A Companion to Twentieth-Century American Drama (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Twentieth-Century American Drama (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David Krasner